5 HOME REMEDIES FOR LEUCODERMA THAT CAN BE SURPRISINGLY EFFECTIVE
Leucoderma is an immune system disorder that can affect the appearance of a person. It is also called vitiligo. In this, the skin pigmentation is attacked and the skin starts losing its color. The cells called melanocytes are responsible for producing melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation. When the immunity starts dysfunctioning, it can attack the body itself. It stops the production of melanocytes and destroys the already present melanin. With the destruction of melanin, the body starts losing its color and becomes colorless. The skin without any color appears white and it occurs in small patches that with time grows large. According to skin specialists, there is no permanent cure for leucoderma as the signs and depigmentation can not be reversed completely, leucoderma home remedies have proved to be effective in reducing its signs. The home remedies for leucoderma include diet and remedies that improve the immunity system. The improved immunity can benefit the person with leucoderma.
Leukoderma also causes other issues and leucoderma home remedies and diet will also benefit the person to fight those issues. Here are the other issues faced by the person with leucoderma-
OTHER ISSUES RELATED TO LEUCODERMA-
Leucoderma not only comes with a different appearance, but it also affects the body in a different way in some conditions. As melanin is a very important part of the skin, losing melanin can trigger many other issues in the body. It can also come up with many other immune system disorders. The problems related to leucoderma are-
- Social Distress- As leucoderma affects the appearance of the person, it can cause social distress. It can mainly affect teenagers as at this age, body image is considered the most important factor of a person’s life.
- Psychological distress- Psychological distress is emotional suffering that often comes up when the daily demands or expectation of a person is not fulfilled. In leucoderma, social distress can trigger physiological distress as the patients are not able to mix with people around them.
- Sunburn- Melanin is responsible for preventing sunburn. When the body is in the exposure to the sun, the melanin starts producing at a higher rate. This melanin acts as a shield for skin protection from sunburn. Leucoderma causes dysfunction of melanin or stops the melanin production at all, so the person is at a higher risk of sunburn.
- Eye problem- Leucoderma triggers the condition called uveitis. Uveitis is an eye problem that causes inflammation in the eyes. It can be triggered by any immune system disorder including leucoderma. It causes redness of the eyes, pain, and sensitivity to the eyes. It can affect up to 19% of leucoderma patients.
- Hearing Loss- The inner ear also contains melanocytes. Hence dysfunction of it can also affect ears resulting in hearing loss. It has affected 12% to 38% of leucoderma patients.
These problems can also be controlled by leucoderma home remedies and diet, and the symptoms can be reduced.
ALSO, READ ABOUT LEUCODERMA CAUSES >>
REMEDIES FOR LEUCODERMA-
While medication and external creams and lotions are available to reduce the symptoms, home remedies have shown a proven effect on the condition. These natural remedies for leucoderma are-
- Lemon And Sweet Basil Extract- A mixture of sweet basil with a few drops of lemon or lime when applied on the affected areas have shown reducing the appearance of the patches. It can take about a month to show the visible changes and should be continued for 6 months.
- Turmeric and mustard oil- A paste of turmeric and mustard oil can be applied to affected areas. Turmeric has many cosmetic benefits and can help reduce the patches. The paste should be applied for 15 minutes and then should be washed off with water. For this remedy to show effectiveness, use it for 6 months.
- Red clay- Red clay also has many benefits for the skin. It contains copper in a high amount that can reduce the patches. A paste of red clay made with water should be applied for 15-20 minutes or until dried.
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil can increase the health of the skin. Its antifungal and antibacterial properties help improve the skin.
- Neem Leaves- Making a paste of neem leaves with buttermilk and applying it on the skin can also benefit in reducing the patches. The paste should be left overnight and washed off in the morning.
Using the natural remedies of leucoderma, incorporating a few dietary changes and following a diet for leucoderma is also mandatory. Here are the following things that should be included in the diet-
- Vitamine B9 and B12
- Green Leafy vegetables
Here are a few things to avoid-
- Red Meats
- White Products
Leucoderma home remedies have proved to be very effective and have shown visible results. Knowing how to cure leucoderma naturally, and including these ways in lifestyle can speed up the treatment of leucoderma. The other symptoms of leucoderma can also be cured with the help of diet and it boosts the immune system that is primarily responsible for leucoderma.