7 AYURVEDIC REMEDIES FOR LEUCODERMA THAT CAN BE TRIED AT HOME
Who doesn’t want clear and beautiful skin? Have you seen white patches or “Safed daag” on the skin of many people? Or maybe you will be having them! Do you know why these patches appear on the body? Can this condition be cured? Have you heard about leucoderma Ayurveda medicines? Is leucoderma Ayurvedic treatment effective in reducing the white patches? We have all your answers in this article. Read on to know more about this condition and the remedies that can be tried at home.
Isn’t this a weird name? Leucoderma is also known as Vitiligo. “Leuo” means white and “derma” means patches. It means white patches that develop on any part of your body. But why do such white patches appear? Our body has a cell that makes skin pigment; these are called melanocytes, this pigment gives color to your hair, eyes, and skin. When these cells get destroyed or stop functioning, these white patches appear on our bodies. To your surprise, these can develop inside your mouth or on your scalp also or lips.
Not to worry, this condition is not contagious nor is it fatal. No itching or pain is there but yes there are chances that it can make you feel bad and self-conscious because the patches are visible if they are on the face, hands, or feet.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR LEUCODERMA
Leucoderma Ayurvedic Treatment – The condition cannot be fully cured but it can be controlled. There is Treatment of Leucoderma in Ayurveda. In this Purification of the body is done. Various techniques such as snehana (oleation therapies), svedana (fomentation or heat therapy), vaman (therapeutic emesis), virechana (therapeutic purgation), and raktamokshana (therapeutic bloodletting) are used to “loosen and liquefy Ama (toxins/indigestive material)” and excess doshas from various sites of accumulation in the tissue.
Moreover, various Ayurvedic medicines for Leucoderma are also available in the market.
ALSO, READ ABOUT WHITE PATCHES >>
AYURVEDIC REMEDIES FOR LEUCODERMA
Ayurveda is one of the oldest medical systems which has its origin in India and is still prevalent in India. It is also known as “Mother of Healing ”. It is well known for its natural treatment methods of treating ailments and thereby enhancing the overall health of the human body and mind. Leucodermia has no cure. But there are chances that the patches may go on their own. The following Ayurvedic treatment for Leucoderma which which can be tried at home helps in controlling the condition:
- Neem- It is a very effective medicinal plant that has antioxidant properties. These antioxidant properties help in killing the free radicals present in our body thereby reducing the symptoms of Leucoderma. Not only this, but it also protects melanocytes from free radical damage.
- Turmeric: Do you know the reason why your mother or grandmother gives you turmeric milk when you get ill or get injured? Turmeric has antiseptic properties and is anti-inflammatory. It not only boosts your immunity but also makes your skin glow. By applying turmeric and mustard oil to the affected area, you will see improvement in your skin condition.
- Bakuchi Powder- This herb helps in reducing the white patches. It improves the liver, digestive system and removes the impurities from our body. Mix Bakuchi and coconut oil and then apply it to the affected areas.
- Manjistha Powder – This is a very reliable herb. This herb has very strong properties that can help in controlling Leucodermia.
- Haritaki- This herb is an antioxidant that helps in removing the free radicals present in our bodies. It is suggested to use this herb in cases where the person is having severe Leucodermia
- Khadira – This is the only herb that helps in curing Leucoderma in its initial stages. Isn’t that amazing? The white patches on your body will get diminished by using khedira. Make sure this herb is used daily for fast results.
- Giloy– Giloy improves the immune system and helps to prevent the destruction of melanocytes. Thus, it reduces the symptoms of Leucoderma.
WHAT SHOULD BE YOUR DIET?
Consuming Leucoderma Ayurvedic medicine is not enough, you should also keep track of your diet. The food that you eat directly affects your immune system. It can make your immune system strong as well as weak (if you have a bad diet). We need to detox our bodies. For this, we need to have a balanced and healthy diet.
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid packed food like chips etc.
- A big no to frozen foods
- Eat green vegetables more
- Prefer light meals
- Don’t have fish and meat together
- Add rice, green gram to your diet
- Limit your use of sugar and processed/white flour goods.
Everyone wants clean and beautiful skin. This skin color is determined by melanin. When this melanin gets destroyed white patches are seen on the skin. This condition is Leucodermia. Leucoderma Ayurvedic treatment is effective in reducing the symptoms of Leucoderma. Using ayurvedic treatments on a regular basis will give positive results